Product Description & Reviews
Tremco Vulkem 116 One-Part, High-Performance Polyurethane Sealant One-Part Grainy Textured Finish Primerless Adhesion on Most Common Construction Surfaces Durable and Flexible Seal Features and Benefits: Tremco Vulkem 116 has demonstrated superior primerless adhesion to porous substrates for 30 years, and is the choice for sealing expansion joints in commercial construction applications. It can be used exterior or interior with adequate ventilation. Vulkem 116 is also suitable for certain water immersion applications. Tremco Vulkem 116 is also rated for 25% movement capability. Tremco Vulkem® 116 Sealant is a one-part moisture curing, gun grade polyurethane sealant. Vulkem® 116 is durable, flexible, and offers excellent performance in moving joints. No primer is required on most construction materials, and it applies with conventional caulking guns. It is an excellent general purpose sealant designed for use in precast, masonry, glazing, window frame perimeters and similar types of construction joints. Suitable for continual immersion in water with the appropriate primer. Designed for exterior and interior use. The light grainy texture has proven very popular for matching textured substrates like stucco and masonry, and for smooth metal storefront joints the light texture blends and hides tooling marks and the wavy effect that is inevitable when tooling sealants. Color: Dark Bronze Contents of Cartridge: 10.1 fl oz (300 ml) Tremco Vulkem 116 Color Chart Joint Design: Vulkem 116 may be used in any vertical or horizontal joint designed in accordance with accepted architectural/engineering practices. Joint width should be 4 times anticipated movement, but not less than 1/4" (6.4mm). Joint Backing: Closed cell or reticulated polyethylene backer rod is recommended as joint backing to control sealant depth and to ensure intimate contact of sealant with joint walls
Features & Highlights
- Tremco Vulkem 116 polyurethane sealant is a one-part, high-performance urethane sealer. 10.1 fluid ounce cartridge, High performance, polyurethane sealant, Moisture curing, Superior primerless adhesive quality
- Vulkem 116, which is very popular among urethane sealants, is a moisture-curing, gun-grade polyurethane sealant with outstanding primerless adhesion to porous substrates. Can be used indoors and outdoors, Paintable once fully cured
- This Tremco polyurethane sealant is strong, pliable and offers superb performance in dynamic joints and is absolutely the right choice for sealing expansion joints in commercial construction applications.
- Tremco Vulkem 116 is also ideal for certain water immersion applications and is rated for 25% movement capability. Tremco Vulkem 116 polyurethane sealer is great for use on exterior applications.
- This polyurethane caulking is specially formulated for use on poured and precast concrete, masonry work, window and door perimeters, and similar types of construction joints.
|Package Weight:||15 pounds|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.